Liddys Links

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tuesday, July 24, 2007
For the love of Mike!
I admitted already that I'm addicted to those housecleaning and decluttering shows. I also recently acquired a new passion and am willing to 'fess up to a longer-term additional passion.

The Mikes have me hooked.

That would be Mike Rowe ('Dirty Jobs') and Mike Holmes ('Holmes on Homes').

Are you looking for entertainment? How about watching a man who'll try any job, anything at all, no matter how dirty? And does it all with a smile and a wisecrack. As if that isn't enough, that boy's in shape! He has to be, to wrangle crocodiles and help pull multi-ton blocks of marble out of a mountain.

Now that's sexy. Not only is he good-looking in a very all-American, outdoorsy way, he's a keeper. You know you'll never have to nag him about taking out the trash. After what he does for a living, that's literally a walk in the park! Sure beats crawling through vintage San Francisco sewers or ripping rotting vegetation off old parade floats. The dirtier he gets, the better he looks. It's not just me, either. A number of my sister authors in the Cave (as in Ellora's Cave, my publisher) are also smitten with Mike Rowe. And he's everywhere! He's the narrator for 'Deadliest Catch' and I swear I've heard his voice on a few commercials. Obviously, a man in demand.

Now how about a guy - no, a man, because Mike Holmes has a presence that screams, "Don't mess with me!" - who can tackle any construction-project-gone-wrong with experience, knowledge, and an eye for design? He can come fix my house any time. Just watching him shake his head over some shmuck's pitiful efforts at code compliance before he rips something apart makes my little heart go pit-a-pat. As for his physique, whew! Serious hottie there. Swinging a sledge and moving joists and other substantial building materials around tends to do that to a fellow.

This is one reason I call Mistah Midnight "my little joist monkey". LOL He looked so cute balancing on floor joists, replacing our bathroom plumbing. Of course, let me point out that Mistah Midnight doesn't screw up our home improvement projects. That's because of my role, which is keeping Murphy at bay. When I'm involved with a project, things go smoothly. Of course, this means I get nothing done for myself while Mistah Midnight is in construction mode. I'm no girly-girl, either, being a mean hand with a pipe cutter and a propane torch.

During what I jokingly call our "20-year flip" I've learned to cut and solder pipe (plus I learned to torch-cut and arc weld during our infamous audition video for Junkyard Wars!), wire a 3-way switch, and mix concrete. I also do all the painting. I'm now dying to try the suede paint that Mike H. chose for the basement pub show that aired this week. ::pout:: We need a bigger house. ::brightening:: Oh, wait, we're working on that. ::rubbing hands in anticipation:: That show is inspiring.

If you're looking for some fine entertainment, tune in to either Mike or Mike and watch as they dig, clean, demolish or wrestle their various projects of the week. Ever wonder where ostrich eggs come from, the ones that hotel chefs to turn into HUGE (and expensive) omelets? Want to see how your contractor was supposed to do that brick work?

Great eye candy and you'll learn a few things.

Now that's entertainment.

Hugs,
Liddy
posted by Liddy Midnight @ 5:44 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

 

 

 

 

 

Name: Liddy Midnight
Home: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile

 

Previous Post
On housekeeping and clutter--and househunting

  ROGUES is in print!

  Site of the week, April 9th

  Our New Supermarket

  How much do writers really make?

  ROGUES got a nomination!

  Happy New Year!

  Santa's Sleigh 2006

  Release date!

  Site of the week: Mr. Winkle!

 

Archives

Truly, Madly, Deeply Romance Authors

Links to Share
 

 

BLOGGER