Liddys Links

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Saturday, March 05, 2011
New Product Review!
Several years ago, we moved to a larger house in a wonderful neighborhood. My elderly mother moved in with us (yes, I am old, older than you can imagine).

I have never been big on buying convenience foods, that are prepared in some factory by someone else's mother. However, running 3 small businesses, caring for her, running the household and over the past year, caring for Mistah Midnight, who has had some pretty serious health scares, has made me more open to buying prepared foods.

Periodically I will post here with the results of our forays into packaged, ready-to-eat stuff.

This week, in Pathmark, a dump display (that is what the industry calls the big heavy cardboard stand-alone racks) caught Moogie's eye. The dump contained a variety of SimplyAsia noodle bowls, labeled "premium natural". She loves Chinese food and is always on the lookout for a good deal. These were on sale, plus there was a $1 coupon taped to the front of the box.

She pi
cked her flavor, spicy kung pao. It comes in a nice reusable/recyclable bowl with a lid. Inside were four packets: a large one with the noodles, one of freeze-dried vegetables, a medium packet of sauce, and another small one containing crunchy topping. The instructions are simple. Merely place the noodles in the bowl with the veggies and sauce on top. Zap it for a minute and a half, followed by standing time of another minute.

This had no protein and Moogie wanted it for dinner, so I dug some cooked shrimp out of the freezer, thawed them, heated them by pouring water over them from the InstaHot dispenser in our sink, and stirred them in when the noodle bowl was done.

Wowza, was that sauce HOT! Moogie ferreted out most of the shrimp and came looking for something else to eat. She couldn't take the heat. I ate the rest of it and it was tasty but quite spicy. (She missed three shrimp.) I liked the burn but I do like spicy foods.

Our verdict: RECOMMENDED, with high quality noodles, tasty sauce, good if you like really spicy dishes. We consider it to be FAR above Ramen but also much higher in price. I'm not sure I would pay up for this on a regular basis but then, I'm not drawing a reliable salary and I'm a penny-pincher to start with.
posted by Liddy Midnight @ 11:51 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 9:08 PM, Blogger Lil said…

    I ran across Truly, Madly, Deeply and popped over to see what news of you was listed here. Loved the song video, that is quite some title!

    Little Lamb Lost

     
  • At 3:04 PM, Blogger Liddy Midnight said…

    Thanks for stopping by!

    I am going to be posting here on a regular basis now.

    Hope to see you again soon.

    Hugs,
    Liddy

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

 

 

 

 

 

Name: Liddy Midnight
Home: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile

 

Previous Post
Me and Fah-bulous Fah-bio!

  Why athletes can't get real jobs!

  The Raven Halloween Scavenger Hunt 2008!

  Alignment sites

  Getting back into the swing of things

  Charm Bracelets in Brenda Novak's Charity Auction!

  New Review for Call Me Barbarian!

  Guest Blogger: Adele DuBois

  More Caterpiggles...

  Be still, my heart!

 

Archives

Truly, Madly, Deeply Romance Authors

Links to Share
 

 

BLOGGER