Liddys Links

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thursday, August 03, 2006
Pet Peeve of the Week - Schedules!
I wasn't going to blog about a pet peeve this week, because I'm still steaming over those small-minded morons who write malware (I can't be coherent with that rant yet), but I have another pet peeve.

Schedules.

I'm going to have to put myself on one. I don't like that prospect. I think of it as rigid structure, and I'm a hang-loose kinda gal. Maybe I watch the cats too much. Come to think of it, they do have a schedule: sleep, eat, wash, sleep some more, run around like a maniac, take a nap, eat too fast, puke, groom, stretch out and doze in the sun, beg for attention, sleep again. I could get into that schedule. LOL)

I haven't had a set schedule since graduate school. Even then, it was pretty loose. Yet I'm finding that I don't seem to get anything done without one.

Why is that? I don't have ADD, I'm reasonably intelligent, and I just don't understand where the days go. I'm a list-maker, but this summer that no longer does the trick. I find I can't keep up. The To-Do lists keep getting longer.

Does this happen to you, too? How do you handle getting all of your to-do lists accomplished?

Hugs,
Liddy
posted by Liddy Midnight @ 8:19 AM  
6 Comments:
  • At 1:06 AM, Blogger Ann Cory said…

    Wow Liddy, I read what you posted and nodded my head the whole time! You sound just like me. I write everything down...have TO DO list note pads, post-it notes, everything possible that I need to stay organized, but my oh my do I get off course quickly.

    Pretty soon the day is done and I wasn't near as productive as I should be.

    Here's to the both of us finding a system that works for us! *tosses confetti*

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger Meljprincess said…

    LMAO! I love your schedule for a cat! Spot on!
    I micro-manage and it drives me crazy. But, I get things done. I also have to write stuff down. So I keep a large supply of neon *love the pink and orange* Post-Its to jot down the stuff I don't want to do. I wish I were a *pussy* cat, too. In a good home of course...

     
  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger Liddy Midnight said…

    Thanks, Ann, I'm glad you revealed that we're kindred souls but you got confetti all over my fresh To-Do lists! Now I have to run the vaccuum and scare the bejeebers out of the cats. Glad I got that little cordless sucker. LOL

    Hugs,
    Liddy

     
  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger Liddy Midnight said…

    Thanks, Mel. Sticky notes don't do it for me - I'd be completely buried in them! I need a list in one place, where I can read it over and pick what I want to do. ;-) Yeah, I'll skip over things that aren't appealing and go for the fun ones. Who doesn't?

    I know people talk about "a dog's life" being easy, but I think no dog has it as good as a cat in a good family.

    You know, they're right. Dogs have owners, cats have staff. LOL

    Hugs,
    Liddy

     
  • At 6:37 AM, Blogger Meljprincess said…

    My cat told me to tell he totally agrees, Liddy. LOL!

     
  • At 5:42 AM, Blogger Liddy Midnight said…

    Mine would say the same thing. Where do you think I learned their schedule? Through observation of my bosses! I serve four of them now, but we've had more over the years.

    Hugs,
    Liddy

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

 

 

 

 

 

Name: Liddy Midnight
Home: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile

 

Previous Post
Finally! I'm back on-line!

  What they don't tell you, Part One

  Blogging for prizes!

  Pet Peeve of the Week - Big Houses and Nursing Homes

  Creating a Safe Haven

  Pet Peeve of the Week - misused words

  Spam and scams

  Getting things done

 

Archives

Truly, Madly, Deeply Romance Authors

Links to Share
 

 

BLOGGER