Liddys Links

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Monday, October 02, 2006
Butterfly Finale
I have watched each chrysalis carefully, from its creation. The final tally was that eight of the thirteen hatched as butterflies. That's about 60% of the cohort, for you statisticians out there. I don't think that's a bad number. It's a dangerous world out there! Three of the pupae disappeared, either weedwhacked into oblivion or blown away by storms. Two of what used to be caterpillars inside have liquified, into a stinky goo.

Here are the last photos, of one on the left with its wings still slightly furled - a different perspective than I got before - and one above of a completely open butterfly. I like this one, because you can see how the abdomen became elongated and slender as the butterfly relaxed, no longer compressed inside the tiny chrysalis.

I hope you enjoyed these, and I'll be roaming about with my camera next summer, looking for more pictures of the continuing beauty pageant that nature provides.

Hugs,
Liddy
posted by Liddy Midnight @ 4:23 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 6:46 PM, Blogger J said…

    Had a great time, Liddy. Looking forward to more.

     
  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger Liddy Midnight said…

    Thanks, jennybrat. In each of my newsletters, I'm going to try to have a nice nature pic I take somewhere around the house or nearby. It gets me out of the house! LOL

    Hugs,
    Liddy

     
  • At 9:45 AM, Blogger Liddy Midnight said…

    Jolene, I'm glad I've given you a lighter view of the world. Too often we focus on the big, bad things we can't do much about, when there are small miracles occurring all around us! I enjoyed taking the pics, and trying to catch the emerging butterflies in the act. I also have given several nature lectures to neighborhood children, whether they wanted to hear it or not! LOL (Most of them did.)

    I'll look for something else to document. Probably not the grass growing where I had to wage chemical warfare on the violets that were taking over the lawn.

    Hugs,
    Liddy

     
  • At 5:42 AM, Blogger Liddy Midnight said…

    LLL, any time you've been to a site that has pop-ups or a lot of graphics, especially when it's a site like MySpace, which has uncontrolled graphics being posted all the time by who knows who, you need to run all that security stuff. Definitely a case of better safe than sorry!

    Unfortunate and sad that we have to arm ourselves so much, but at least we have the technology to wipe the malware off our hard drives. (Most of the time. LOL)

    Hugs,
    Liddy

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

 

 

 

 

 

Name: Liddy Midnight
Home: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile

 

Previous Post
Witnessing a Miracle, Part 2

  Witnessing a miracle

  Brief Joke of the Week

  The Great Emergence!

  More color!

  Almost there!

  New Review for VENUS RISING!

  The most unlikely places...

  When does a chrysalis form?

  The saga continues...

 

Archives

Truly, Madly, Deeply Romance Authors

Links to Share
 

 

BLOGGER