Liddys Links

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wednesday, September 06, 2006
The most unlikely places...
have a chrysalis! Today I discovered four more, and they were formed on the leaves and dead flower stalks of day lilies. That's not a very secure or stable location, as far as I'm concerned. One was hidden down in the leaves.

If they don't hatch soon, the leaves will be dead and on the ground when the butterfly emerges!











They are gorgeous, aren't they?

posted by Liddy Midnight @ 10:35 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 7:08 PM, Blogger Liddy Midnight said…

    Yes, Jolene, I've given some thought to when they might emerge. I think I'm going to have to plan to spend a whole day out there with the camera! I know at least two of them will hatch around the same time. Of the ten I'm tracking, I don't know the timing on eight.

    Hugs,
    Liddy

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger Dena said…

    Hey Liddy,They look like part of the plant,like a pod kinda.

     
  • At 7:00 PM, Blogger Liddy Midnight said…

    Yeah, Dena, I think the color works well for camouflage on the lilies, and also on the milkweed stalks. Not so much on the vinyl siding or the stone foundation of the house. LOL

    I found another chrysalis, on the iron pipe that we use for a handrail up the front steps. No blending in there, either!

    Can't wait until they start hatching! I want butterflies! Now! Now! Now!

    Hugs,
    Liddy

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

 

 

 

 

 

Name: Liddy Midnight
Home: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile

 

Previous Post
When does a chrysalis form?

  The saga continues...

  DISASTER! ! !

  Today's Chrysalis

  Monarch Update!

  Yard pictures

  SQUEEEEEEE!

  Tip for Living

  Chuckle for the week...

  New Release Cover Art!

 

Archives

Truly, Madly, Deeply Romance Authors

Links to Share
 

 

BLOGGER