Liddys Links

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tuesday, August 22, 2006
Yard pictures
Hey, everyone!

I was nerking around outside this morning with the cats, and our tattered tux, Bibster, hopped up into the catnip planter and wormed his wayinto the middle of the plant. Last fall, he killed a lovely mum out back by rolling in the center of it every day and sleeping there in the sun, sheltered from the cool autumn breeze by its leaves. I hope the catnip is hardier!

I've just posted about the monarch caterpillars I noticed this morning, too, over on the MEA blog. Tuesday is my day over there, so please, come check it out and join me! We're a fun bunch.

Oh, and you can win lots of lovely prizes! August is our first month on the web, and we're giving away a download a day. Good luck!

I'm going to update this throughout the afternoon. I just discovered one of the monarch caterpillars is getting ready to form its chrysalis. This is something that takes only about two hours, so I've set a timer to get pictures over that time frame. Here's the first one!

Here's the second one.

At first I was racing outside every 15 minutes, to catch the action. Then it was every half hour. Four hours later, there's been no change whatsoever. I suppose it might take two hours for the critter to make a cocoon, but dang it, it's going to take a long time for the clock to start ticking!

Hugs,
Liddy

posted by Liddy Midnight @ 7:51 AM  
6 Comments:
  • At 6:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    What happened with the caterpillar, Liddy? I popped back in to see and no pictures. LOL I love watching stuff like that. It's just so beautiful and a reminder of nature.

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Blogger Liddy Midnight said…

    The uncooperative caterpiggle made the chrysalis overnight! I was so busy today that I couldn't get a pic of the pupa.

    Mistah Midnight finished pulling nails out of the naked studs in the kitchen, repaired a spot in the roof that was rotted through from an ancient leak, and began tearing up the floor. I ran tools in and out for him, and handed him screws and nails as he needed them. Tomorrow his teenage assistant will be back, so I can get photos of the pupae and caterpillars.

    Come back and visit then!

    Hugs,
    Liddy

     
  • At 7:14 AM, Blogger Emmy Ellis said…

    LOL @ your cat laying in leaves.

    I've put all your books on my new blog, Ebook City, to help promote people who have visisted my blog this past few months. I hope it helps!

    :O)

     
  • At 7:14 AM, Blogger Emmy Ellis said…

    visited...goddamn typos...

    :o)

     
  • At 8:38 AM, Blogger Dena said…

    Your kitty looks very content.
    I love butterflies so much and have a little collection of them,they are so beautiful.

    Here's a joke I talked about before.


    Drug Lesson:


    How To Teach A Lesson
    Two young guys were picked up by the cops for smoking dope and appeared in court on Friday before the judge. The judge said, "You seem like nice young men, and I'd like to give you a second chance rather than jail time. I want you to go out this weekend and try to show others the evils of drug use and get them to give up drugs forever. I'll see you back in court Monday."

    Monday, the two guys were in court, and the judge said to the 1st one, "How did you do over the weekend?"

    "Well, your honor, I persuaded 17 people to give up drugs forever."

    "17 people? That's wonderful. What did you tell them?"

    "I used a diagram, your honor. I drew two circles and told them the big circle is your brain before drugs, and the small circle is your brain after drugs."

    "That's admirable," said the judge.

    "And you, how did you do?" (to the 2nd boy)

    "Well, your honor, I persuaded 156 people to give up drugs forever."

    "156 people! That's amazing! How did you manage to do that!"

    "Well, I used a similar approach. I drew a large and a small circle. I said, pointing to the small circle, 'This is your butthole, before prison... ' "

     
  • At 6:23 AM, Blogger Meljprincess said…

    Ma has a catnip plant. OK, I'm sorry about what I said in the MEA(n) blog about caterpillars. They do produce loverly butterflys.
    This reminds me of SILENCE OF THE LAMBS. "The caterpillar...or pupa...represents change..."

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

 

 

 

 

 

Name: Liddy Midnight
Home: Southeastern, Pennsylvania, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile

 

Previous Post
SQUEEEEEEE!

  Tip for Living

  Chuckle for the week...

  New Release Cover Art!

  Pet Peeve of the Week - Deeply Disturbing Ads

  Chuckle for the day

  What a month!

  Pet Peeve of the Week - Schedules!

  Finally! I'm back on-line!

  What they don't tell you, Part One

 

Archives

Truly, Madly, Deeply Romance Authors

Links to Share
 

 

BLOGGER